Friday, April 23, 2010

"News"

[Ed. Note – Not sure why but Wheelgun Bob will go on a blogging bender for a few days and then not be heard from again for several weeks. We are trying desperately to get him to start drinking again.]

So, I have been at this blogging thing for 6 years and have created 250 blogs. This means that, at my current prodigious output, in about 18 years from now I will have posted 1000 blogs. I will be 69 years old then and it will be the year 2028. The future doesn’t look so bleak now does it?

Back to the present. I was on an internet news website the other day and two of the top 5 “news” headlines referred to TV shows. One show was “Dancing With The Stars” and the other “American Idol.” I have never had the pleasure (or pain) or even mild interest to see either of these shows but apparently when someone either wins or fails at whatever they do, it makes headlines. How sad a commentary on contemporary American culture is that? The Yellowstone caldera could have blown, wiping out half this country, and people would be more concerned with whoever the hell was voted off “Survivor.” I bet those shows are awesome entertainment for those with vacuous minds.

Looks like I’m going to have to haul out Rita Mae (my trusty .357) and go Elvis on some TVs.

1 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger Maryka said...

I...uh...watch Dancing With the Stars.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home