Thursday, April 06, 2006

Wheel Gun Need New Gun

It's time for me to buy a new gun. Yup, it's been awhile. Aside from the small detail of figuring out where to get the money, I need to decide on the gun I will purchase. My neighbor's son works for Thompson Center Arms and he gave me their new catalog recently. I am partial to the Encore Pro Hunter. It's a single shot available in many calibers from a .22 Hornet up to a .416 Rigby. You could hunt humming birds one day and bull elephants the next.

I was also ogling the Smith & Wesson .500 double action revolver. My god what a monster. The 50 caliber bullet has over twice the muzzle energy of a .44 magnum. No engine block would be safe around me. It goes for just under $1K.

Actually, I wouldn't mind an over/under 12 gauge to go trap shooting with. As long as The Cod God isn't throwing the clay pigeons. He is always doing shit like slinging them upside down or right above the grass ("Look, a rabbit!") and disturbing my zen like concentration. And I promise not to shoot anyone if I go quail hunting.

Let me know what you guys think I should get. Also, don't forget to send along any financial contributions to the cause.

6 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, Blogger Maryka said...

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, but a gun is always a phallic symbol. I'm just sayin'...

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger Wheel Gun Bob said...

BFace - That was a .454 Casull that we were looking at at the KTP. A big gun but a pussy compared to the .500 S&W.

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger The Cod God said...

My favorite part about that day was when Bob was complaining that the double barrel shotgun he was using (Rodger's fathers) must have the wrong chokes or something.

I remember saying "Let me try it"... after hitting 8 out of 10 pigeons, handing it back.

"It works fine, Bob"

A blank look... then "Fuck you, Colin"

Re: Bface's .44

That day was fucking hysterical. Bface REEKED of beer. I remember feeling bad for the salesman as he and Bface leaned in close together to look more closely at the gun.

He probably said "I bet there will be a killing tonight" after we left.

I think that was the middle point of our 3-30 packs of beer drunk in 36 hours.

Bface goes into the store to get a 6-er, after we agreed to take it easy, comes out with 30 beers.

"I guess we're drinkin' today"

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Wheel Gun Bob said...

You should have hit 10 out of 10 with me launching the clays.

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Wheel Gun Bob said...

Hey, with The Cod God tossing the clays, nobody could win. Plus the truck had The Mono Men in the tape deck.

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger The Cod God said...

We can remember which way I threw a particular clay pigeon 7 years ago, but our wives and/or girlfriends go without birthday presents....

Just how the Codfather would have wanted it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home