Monday, March 05, 2007

R.I.P. Blimp

It’s with a heavy heart that I type this blog. A founding member of the Bartlett Street Aerodrome (in other words, the living room) has passed away. My remote control blimp will no longer be floating around happily knocking over drinks and scaring the bejesus out of the cat as it has for the past 5 years.

I was in the process of reattaching the motors when my roommate let go of the 52 inch long mylar balloon which, not having anything to weight it down at that moment, shot to the ceiling and burst. There was not a dry eye in the house.

Partially offsetting the bad news was the addition of the latest member to the Aerodrome, my new miniature remote control helicopter. However, it looks like the much anticipated helicopter vs. blimp smack down will not take place. Unless I can come up with $15 for a new balloon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home