Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Close Shave

Hey, good news! Mars will be only 43 million miles from Earth October 30th. I know I'm haulin' out the ole telescope this Sunday if it’s clear. A couple years ago Mars came within 34 million miles of us and I was able to make out quite a bit of detail with my 3" reflector (insert joke here, Colin). I could see the southern polar icecap and Syrtis Major (I looked for Marina Sirtis but couldn't see her).

Of course we might want to keep the military on high alert just incase the Martians take this opportunity to invade. Although I'm not sure what an Apache helicopter could do against a death ray. Besides, our military is tied-up defending us against Sunni insurgents in Iraq so we would be fucked anyway. But I know I will be armed, that’s for sure. I never go out to view the stars without packing serious heat as I've mentioned before. It would be foolhardy.

I invite anyone who wants to go to come along, especially hot chicks. I might even go to the top of mount Agamenticus if I can find a designated driver. It will be BYOB. Drop me an email.

I hope I have the time to calibrate my telescope and load some .357s before Sunday!

3 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, Blogger The Cod God said...

I'm going to try and shoot it.

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Maryka said...

You're going to shoot MARS?

 
At 2:08 AM, Blogger Wheel Gun Bob said...

He shoots the moon all the time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home