Wednesday, June 29, 2005

R.I.P.

It is with heavy heart that I announce to you that Methuselah, my dear friend and last remaining sea-monkey, has passed on and is now swimming around sucking up algae in the happy hunting grounds of his ancestors.


I consider myself truly blessed that I was able to watch him grow from a precocious little speck, jerking all around while avoiding getting eaten by his relatives, to the proud 1/3in long strong, majestic sea creature he became. He was a strong and effortless swimmer able to use his powerful cilia to propel himself upside down (or right side up, I'm not sure) from one end of his 5in deep aquarium to the other and back again over and over and over.

Although each smaller than this period:".", his dark eyes held an inquisitive gaze about them that always seemed to meet the stares of his countless admirers. He was one ballsy dude, although I doubt he actually had balls. I'm not even so sure he was a dude.

His departure ends an awesome year and a half run of sea-monkeys, the longest I have ever been witness to. Believe it or not, Methuselah swam solo for about the last two months. He will be missed. Or at least until I order some more eggs on line at www.sea-monkeys.com. And I will get that sea-monkey cam going next time I promise.

In lieu of sending flowers, you can make donations to the Young Sea-Monkeys Education Fund. A brine shrimp is a terrible thing to waste.

2 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, Blogger The Cod God said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger The Cod God said...

just snap one off into a cup and presto!...instant sea-monkees again

 

Post a Comment

<< Home