Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Re-Onion

Well, the "big" night has come and gone. The highly touted Gandhi's Lunchbox reunion is in the record books. I'm too time-constrained to provide a complete narrative of this fantastic event but I will provide a list of witty observations for you lucky fuckers. And here it is:

1. Despite the fact we sucked, people had a good time. Actually, we had moments of brilliance (defined as all of us playing in the same key at the same time more or less) and precision Rock 'n Roll was not on the menu that night. Fun was.

2. People drank A LOT. After we finished, I went around the room mentally taking note of the top 5 drunk people in attendance. When more than 5 people grabbed me and told me how great we were (at least I think that’s what they were slurring), I gave up. Now back in the day, we had the reputation of bringing in the drinkin’est fans around. Bars always made out like bandits when we played and that’s why they would mostly put up with our silly behavior (some didn't and I will tell you about that another time).

3. Fuzzy kissed every one of the attendees on the mouth at least twice.

4. We concluded the night with an "artistic" rendering of "Smoke On The Water." Why, I'm not sure.

5. Tom ended up in the hospital because of fucking up his sciatica jumping around. He's on Vicadins. I aggravated a neck problem just by loading in my amp. I'm on Flexeril.

6. My sister, Wheel Gun Mika A.K.A. Momma Cod and her three children, BFace, The Cod God and Sisterface A.K.A Sister Cod (and hubbie el Jefe) all made it to the show. It did take some coaxing to get BFace in.

7. I brought my 12 string Rickenbacker but was too lazy to get it out and play it. At least it was there.

8. Wiz looked younger than he did 12 years ago.

9. Scotty’s basement is now a little more accessible due to the fact he sold a few boxes of CDs and t-shirts. Hopefully they weren’t too moldy.

10. The next reunion, I will be 58. The one after that, 70.

I am proud of our fans. Hell, they put up with our crap for all those years in the 80's and 90's and then, twelve years later, came back for more! Also, and this is really important to me for some reason, our fans were mostly just regular folks who liked to get hammered while listening to weird music at night after a long hard day on the job. Not too many trust fund punks or art fags at our shows, although we had some (and we loved them too). Here's to you guys - Thanks for supporting us and it will always be an honor to entertain you.

Now, back to Jupiter 2 (phew!)...

P.S. Any fans or band mates who were at this comically inept reunion, please feel free to add your observations via comment.

4 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger The Cod God said...

I'm glad that I bolted before Fuzzy started sucking everyone's face. He was eyeballin' me earlier in the night.

I guess I now have some gay sex appeal. Not to the level of Billy's, but some.

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Maryka said...

Memorable moments:

BFace: Wimpy, this is my sister Erin. Erin, this is Wimpy.

All three of my chilluns in the same room at the same time. And no fights.

Tom pushing his glasses up and squinting at a crumpled lyric sheet as he jumped up and down and sang them.

After Fuzzy kissed me on the mouth (yes, for the second time), BFace said, "MOM, you just kissed every mouth in the room."

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Maryka said...

http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/elliott/11_29elliott.htm

 
At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

one point- it has been only 11 years since our last gig(norton's). great fun, even with a roaming drumset.too damn cold outside though. not bad for one practice. time to sell the set, though.thanks to all who showed. and we got PAID!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home